1 Zone / 16 Tray / 2.56m² Tray Areaview
- 1 lb. eggs (8-9 eggs)
- 1 lb. potatoes
- 8 oz. lean ground beef sausage (leaner the better)
- 1/2 a batch of seasoned breadcrumbs
- Steam your whole, unpeeled potatoes for 15 minutes. Once steamed, submerge potatoes in cold ice water.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, peel and grate them coarsely. We are wanting to have about 12 oz. (340g) of shredded potatoes.
- Thoroughly combine the seasoned breadcrumbs into the raw ground sausage and let sit in a bowl in the fridge for 15 minutes. Once cooled pull apart meat into small pieces and cook at medium-low heat until browned approximately 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain any remaining grease and pat dry. The leanest meat you can get the better as we want as little fat as possible.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C)
- In a bowl whisk your eggs and fold in all of your ingredients
- Line a 12"x9" baking dish with baking paper and pour in the mixture. Making sure that all the corners have an even amount of mixture.
- Place the mixture into the oven and bake on the center rack for 30 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the omelet sit in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Take the omelet out of the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
- When the omelet is fully cooled carefully peel away the baking paper and place on a cutting board.
- Cut the omelet into 1/2 inch (12 mm) cubes by cutting 1/2 inch columns and 1/2 inch rows (12x12 mm).
- Evenly place your omelet bites onto a mesh dehydrator tray making sure you leave a little space in between the cubes for even airflow.
- Dehydrate at 145°F (63°C) for 6-8 hours. When dry the bites will be nice and crunchy. Check a couple by cutting them in half to make sure the inside is fully dry.
- Let cool completely then store in Mylar bags with oxygen absorbers.
Regular Serving: Rehydrate 3/4 cup of Omelet Bites with 1/2 cup of water.
Large Serving: Rehydrate 1 cup Omelet Bites with 3/4 cup water.
- Pot Cooking: Soak Omelet Bites in a pot for 5 minutes, then boil for 1 minute. Transfer contents to an insulating cozy for 15 minutes. Then enjoy!
- Thermos Cooking: Put Omelet Bites into thermos and add boiled water. Wait 20-60 minutes. Then enjoy!